Create Your E-Commerce Website
Competency: 59.0 Demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to setup a secure E-commerce site. 61.0 Apply skills necessary to setup an E-commerce storefront. 62.0 Employ techniques to enhance the value and profitability of an E-commerce website.
E-commerce refers to the buying and selling of products or services over electronic systems such as the Internet and other computer networks. However, the term may refer to more than just buying and selling products online. It also includes the entire online process of developing, marketing, selling, delivering, servicing and paying for products and services. You will need to create an e-commerce site to sell your products.
Estimated Time: 60 hrs or 10 days
Create a 4 page e-commerce website with at least 3 products to sell.
Your site must have:
• Corporate /web 2.0 style
• CSS layout Only
• Meta tags
• Page titles
• Your layout must follow the grid system.
• Your layout must have professional colors.
• Your layout must have nice quality and professional images.
• Home/About page
• Contact page with PHP form
• Site map
• Products page with PayPal shopping cart and at least 3 products with PayPal buttons. Your PayPal payment page must be customized to fit your e-commerce website look and feel.
• Shopping policy (Instructions, returns, cancellations, refund policy, etc.).
• Make sure your buttons, PayPal shopping cart, and business account is working correctly.
• Upload your website to the class server and discuss with the instructor when you will present it.