Competency:59.0 Demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to setup a secure E-commerce site. 60.0 Identify security issues associated with e-commerce and discuss methods to mitigate risks.
Paypal and Development Central is an e-commerce business allowing payments and money transfers to be made through the Internet. It serves as an electronic alternative to traditional paper methods such as checks and money orders. PayPal performs payment processing for online vendors, auction sites, and other corporate users, for which it charges a fee. PayPal operates in 103 markets and it manages over 133 million accounts. PayPal allows customers to send, receive and hold funds in 17 currencies worldwide.
Estimated Time: 12 hrs or 2 days
2. Please visit the PayPal website to learn about website payments standard. Make sure you view the Flash DEMOS to learn how it works. Also review Website Payments Standard: Need PayPal Shopping Cart. Complete the PayPal questionnaire and upload to your blog.
- Explain why Website Payments Standard is:
- Low Cost
- Which are the 4 different methods PayPal can accept?
- Do you need to have a shopping cart to use PayPal? Name 5 compatible carts with PayPal.
- Are applications, set up, or monthly fees required with PayPal?
- With PayPal, do you need to store and protect customers’ sensitive financial information?
- Is a long-term commitment required with PayPal?
- Does every customer require a PayPal account to make payments on your web site?
- Briefly explain what happens after the customer reviews the order in your site and
proceeds to check out in PayPal.
- Explain briefly if the PayPal check-out site can match the look and feel of your own site.
- Briefly explain what encryption is and why PayPal encrypts your business and customer information.
- What is the PayPal transaction fee?
- What are the three steps to integrate the PayPal Shopping Cart?
- Name 5 additional features of the PayPal Shopping Cart.
- If your client doesn’t’t want to use PayPal, can you explain what other E-Commerce Hosting Services you can offer to him or her?